I have collected dishes for the last couple of years with the intention of hanging them on the wall someday. I picked dishes that had colors or scenes that I thought went with my style and the look I was going for.
That someday has finally come.
We had a couple of rainy days this week and I decided to tackle this project. I choose the area above my chalkboard because it was definitely needing something.
I haven't changed my chalkboard since Easter, as you can see.
The dishes will also help to add some much needed color.
A few of the dishes already had hooks on the back. For the rest I just cut thin strips of fabric and hot glued them to the back.
I laid the plates out to get an idea of how I wanted them arranged. Then I just got a hammer and a few nails and started one at a time.
Here is how it turned out.
I am still on the look out for other dishes that might fit in with the rest. I feel like the right side needs a little something more. We shall see if the hot glue holds!